Volunteer to drive
Drive seniors and the visually impaired
Can you fit in a ride on your way to or from work or during the course of your day?
Click on Volunteer Drivers Needed for a list of rides that might fit your schedule and give us a call at 610-419-1645 or email email@example.com to find out more.
Benefits of becoming a volunteer driver
- You help seniors stay independent and healthy by taking them to visit friends, a hair dressers appointment or a doctor's appointment
- You help make driving safer for everyone
- You provide a positive alternative to a huge national problem by ensuring that seniors have a great choice without burdening family or friends
- You get mileage reimbursement for part of the ride and transportation credits for the rest. Save these credits for your own future use, transfer them to a loved one or donate them to the Road Scholarship Program for low-income riders
- You receive a free annual membership for yourself and one for a friend, and the quarterly newsletter
By volunteering you receive ride credits.You can then give these to a loved one, or save them for when you need them.
Provide one afternoon a week or a few hours during the month. You'll receive training, and ITNLehighValley will arrange your driving assignments and routes around your schedule. You can even pick up a rider on your way to work and do a good deed before the day's begun!
All of us have a stake in helping to ensure that older adults and the visually impaired can remain active once they stop driving. Volunteers help older people stay connected to families, friends, and activities that bring meaning to their lives - and to yours.
Volunteer Week-End Dispatcher
Answer phones and provide information about ITNLehighValley ride service to potential riders. Take ride reservations, contact drivers with ride changes, schedule drivers, and send out ride manifests. All tasks can be done from your own home. Must have a computer and excellent customer service skills. Training will be provided.
ITNLehighValley Board Member
ITNLehighValley is always looking for energetic, motivated professionals who wish to enhance the lives of seniors through service on the ITNLehighValley Board of Directors. The Board supports the work of ITNLehighValley and provides mission-based leadership and strategic governance. Day-to-day operations of the organization are led by the Executive Director. The Board-Executive Director relationship is a partnership, and the appropriate involvement of the Board is both critical and expected. If you are interested in exploring an ITNLehighValley Board opportunity please contact us at 610-419-1645.
Volunteer Special Events Planner
ITNLehighValley is looking for an outgoing, energetic person who would like to help plan special fundraising events. Lead a committee to brainstorm ideas then put the plans into action. Experience in special event planning a plus. Enthusiasm a must.
- What we do
- Ride with us
- Ways to give
- What's happening
- Contact us